Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quotes about organization

“Life is too complicated not to be orderly.”  (Entrepreneur Martha Stewart, Harper's Bazaar)

"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up."   (A. A. Milne)

"Successful organizing is based on the recognition that people get organized because they, too, have a vision."   (Paul Wellstone)

"There comes a point of gluttony that I can't accept. When that happens, I feel like I have to clean out and give stuff to my sister, mom, and friends.”  (Actress Katherine Heigl, US Weekly)

"It's unbelievable how much time you can waste on the water and off if your tackle's not organized. In 2003 I had my worst season. Then during the off-season, I went to work on my tackle, got it organized, and I was back in 2004. I finished second in the Classic and was Angler of the Year the next year. Now that I'm organized, I'm five times more efficient."  (Bassmaster Elite Pro Aaron Martens reveals 'secrets' of success, Source: ESPN)

"You also might have noticed I'm extremely organized. All right, I love lists. I am devoted to careful planning. If you plan right, you'll eat right. You might also have guessed that I'm a total type-A personality and, to be honest, a bit of a control freak. My freezer is stacked with "banked" meals I've made in advance. My fridge is lined with containers of prepped veggies—all washed, chopped and ready to go when I need to toss them into a salad or soup."  (Robin Miller, Host of Quick Fix Meals on the Food Network, Guideposts Magazine Online)

"I can go clean out my drawers, my closets. I can organize my office at home. Something about it is incredibly pleasing to me. I like getting rid of things. I really do. I like it when things are where they're supposed to be. If I buy something new -- a piece of clothing, a tie, a shirt, a suit -- something old has to go. That's the way I avoid clutter, crammed closets and drawers. It keeps things in balance, and it really works." (Today Show Co-Anchor Matt Lauer, USA Weekend)

"[On Sundays] I pull everything out [of the fridge] and then I start ordering things like top shelf. It's very anal, but top shelf is all the stuff that needs to be eaten first. Next shelf, and then it works its way into the drawers. And I'm really proud of how beautiful the refrigerator looks. That's Sunday. Come Friday, or even Wednesday … somebody messes it all up."  (Actress Alicia Silverstone, Source: www.celebrityweek.com)

“Exactness and neatness in moderation is a virtue, but carried to extremes narrows the mind.” (French Theologian Francois Fénelon, Source: www.worldofquotes.com)

"The trouble with organizing a thing is that pretty soon folks get to paying more attention to the organization than to what they're organized for."   (Laura Ingalls Wilder)


Do you need extra help with organizing and de-cluttering? Hire me! Go to www.phoenixhomeorganizing.com for more information about my services! Did this article help you? Be sure to share it with your friends!

No comments: